- I have had considerable experience in cancer biology and molecular biology. I have recently completed postdoctoral training in molecular virology working on Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus (KSHV) and human herpes simplex viruses. Previously I have extensively worked with siRNA mediated inhibition of breast cancer proliferation. As Assistant director of the Division of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, I have devoted considerable time on next generation sequencing and quantitative PCR approaches to elucidate host-pathogen interactions pursued by CEIDR researchers. I have served as program coordinator for LSU-Tulane COBRE In addition, I am directly involved in the analysis of NGS data for CEIDR researchers in the GeneLab Core Laboratory (GeneLab) and I also assist researchers in the execution of digital PCR experiments. I have extensive experience working on HSV infections studies of Ganglionic neurons and Proximity ligation assays. I am well qualified to assist in the molecular biological studies as identified in the proposal.
- 1.Kim IJ, Saied AA, Chouljenko VN, Subramanian R, Kousoulas KG. Functional hierarchy of herpes simplex virus type-1 membrane proteins in corneal infection and virus transmission to ganglionic neurons. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Dec;39(12):1169-77.
- 2.Charles AS, Chouljenko VN, Jambunathan N, Subramanian R, Mottram P, Kousoulas KG. Phenylalanine residues at the carboxyl terminus of the herpes simplex virus 1 UL20 membrane protein regulate cytoplasmic virion envelopment and infectious virus production. J Virol. 2014 Jul;88(13):7618-27.
- 3.Saied AA, Chouljenko VN, Subramanian R, Kousoulas KG. A replication competent HSV-1(McKrae) with a mutation in the amino-terminus of glycoprotein K (gK) is unable to infect mouse trigeminal ganglia after cornea infection. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Jun;39(6):596-603.
- 4.Jambunathan N, Chouljenko D, Desai P, Charles AS, Subramanian R, Chouljenko VN, Kousoulas KG. Herpes simplex virus 1 protein UL37 interacts with viral glycoprotein gK and membrane protein UL20 and functions in cytoplasmic virion envelopment. J Virol. 2014 Jun;88(11):5927-35.
- 5.Jambunathan N, Chowdhury S, Subramanian R, Chouljenko VN, Walker JD, Kousoulas KG. Site-specific proteolytic cleavage of the amino terminus of herpes simplex virus glycoprotein K on virion particles inhibits virus entry. J Virol. 2011 Dec;85(24):12910-8.